Bunbury near shore waters

4 months 19 hours ago #53137 by Keith Beadle
G'day Sammie,
Sorry mate I haven't taken a photo of any of my catch for years! Maybe next time?
Cheers, Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 4 days ago #53130 by sam992
Hey Keith!
I'm Sammie! :)
I hope you'll share pictures of your success!

Web Designer at Popup Maker.
popupmaker.com/

4 months 2 weeks ago #53127 by Keith Beadle
Hi Joel,
The area didn't let us down, a few wrass, plenty of undersize flathead and five fiddler rays. A small school of gardie's showed up in the berley trail but I had taken out my herring and gardie gear from the boat and 12lb line is a bit heavy for them, but I managed to get two. We didn't try crabbing. I will launch from Busselton from now on as you don't need to travel as far to find some good ground and it only takes me about 20 minutes from home to the ramp.
Cheers, Keith

4 months 2 weeks ago #53126 by Joel Tinetti
How did you go Keith?

Some people go to church and think about fishing, I go fishing and think about God (sometimes)

4 months 3 weeks ago #53120 by Keith Beadle
Haven't had much luck fishing around the waters off Bunbury since moving here two years ago, pick up a few whiting and flathead but nothing to brag about. We do better launching from Busselton. But we will try Bunbury again tomorrow for blue mannas near the harbour mouth (yeah, I know about the shell disease) and have a bit of a fish out from the "Maidens" there is apparently a bit of coral there in 15 metres of water, a guy I spoke to at Soils ain't Soils showed me some photos of snapper and kg's he picked up there. Weather has been perfect over the last few days and looks like being the same for the few days as well. Time to get serious about out on the water.

Cheers, Keith