Trench going off!

3 weeks 4 days ago #53287 by Joel Tinetti
Just above each post there is a line saying when it was posted, in this case, 4 years 11 months. Not sure how the rounding for months works, so yes around this time 5 years ago.
Cheers
Joel

Some people go to church and think about fishing, I go fishing and think about God (sometimes)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 6 days ago #53284 by Andre Hone
Hey man what time of year was this? Late December/ jan? And how deep? Cheers bud

5 years 1 week ago #38619 by Scott Van Heurck
fantastic fish :)

5 years 1 week ago #38613 by Tim Barlow
Scotty,

I will bite, let's not ever give the greenies any creedence by using their terms, even jokingly.

It was the Rottnest Trench at the end of World War 1, when they sank old war surplus ships.

It was still the Rottnest Trench at the end of World War 11, when my Grandad and his mates, were delayed returning from the Islands, so they could drive jeeps and other equipment off the barges, so that Australia didn't have to pay for them.

All of these dump sites are now sampson aggregations sites, and support a thriving fishery. BUT they are stil dumping sites, hardly worth protection as they are man made, but don't ever think that the greenies would let truth get in the way of emotion.

In fact, as we all know, it was always the Rottnest Trench. In the 70's when they started pulling big marlin from out there, it was still "The Trench". Then along came a certain French/ Canadian import with her Pew endowment and they renamed it the Perth Canyon, AND now it is soon to be a farkin MPA.

How does a Marine Park protect a pelagic species????? Minister Burke's explanation that the Park had to be somewhere, so why not there, does not cut it. Especially when his press release trumpets the fact that they are protecting the endangered Blue Whales, hard to swallow, when they are in fact very common, garden variety, Pygmy Blue Whales.

Sorry to bite and hijack the thread.

Bloody nice tuna, so jealous it is not funny.

Fish the Trench now while you still can, is my best advice.

Here's hoping the season stays the way it is promising to be......25 degrees wide of Direction Bank. Inshore reefs should be showing mackies any day now.

Tim

5 years 1 week ago #38610 by Wookiee McMerde
go to the end of rotto, turn west and in about 22km youre there. Sounder may show a small drop off.

Sorry Alan. My sarcasm OCD got the better of me. put -31.942840, 115.095520 into google maps to give you an idea what it looks like. You can see it pretty clearly.

5 years 1 week ago #38607 by Alan lampard
Where is the trench an have you got directions of how to fish there

Well done on the tuna

5 years 1 week ago #38606 by Wookiee McMerde
wholly shit!

5 years 1 week ago #38601 by Graham Little
Are these gong to be baits for the big Whites ??????????
Sorry. !fishing

Great looking fish. :cool:

5 years 1 week ago #38600 by Scott Coghlan
The Trench, or is that Perth Canyon !fishing , is firing.
Johnno Wroth reckons he had the best yellowfin tuna session yesterday out there, with marlin in the mix too.
Here are a couple of the tuna...

5 years 1 week ago #4367 by Scott Coghlan
The Trench, or is that Perth Canyon !fishing , is firing.
Johnno Wroth reckons he had the best yellowfin tuna session yesterday out there, with marlin in the mix too.
Here are a couple of the tuna...