Wonnerup / Forrest Beaches

7 months 3 weeks ago #53118 by Joel Tinetti
Gave us good weather to, you're so kind. I only hooked and lost one. Brought home herring for entree though.

Joel

Some people go to church and think about fishing, I go fishing and think about God (sometimes)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago #53117 by Ray Walker
Good luck kitchen boy. You won't get me within cooee of all the rubber necks down there at Easter.:woohoo:

Cheers Rev.

8 months 4 days ago #53114 by Joel Tinetti
Ha! Probably the same day I sent him a message about all the dodgy posts.

Save us a spot on the rocks at meelup or sportsman's on Easter Saturday Rev. Unfortunately I'll have to fight the crowds, but hoping to get my boy to wind in a salmon. Don't think that a not yet 3 year old will be able to hold the rod, but if I hold it he can wind.
So if you see that comedy gold going on and the aftermath of crossed lines, come and say g'day.
I guess you avoid it like the plague during school holidays though...

Cheers
Joel

Some people go to church and think about fishing, I go fishing and think about God (sometimes)

8 months 4 days ago #53113 by Ray Walker
G'day Dave. I think its f@cked mate. It was once the best and busiest fishing forum in WA, but has been dying slowly, but of late its been dead. Cogs doesn't seem to interested in doing anything about it. So much so, that I had to send him a text to tell him the site was full of scammers. It is the first year I can remember when there hasn't been a Salmon Season report. Ya get that on the big jobs. So its good night from me and its good night from him..
Cheers Rev.

8 months 4 days ago #53112 by Dave Bentley
Hi rev, off topic a bit but do you reckon this site will recover. Has it happened previously then recovered.

Shame what's happening at the moment, even the Editor and Monitor has lost interest.

8 months 1 week ago #53111 by Brendan McDiarmid
Cheers Rev, had a look along this stretch on the weekend but a fair bit of weed on the beach and in the water put me off. Had a look down Eagle Bay / Meelup way but too crowded for my liking.
Heading to Augusta at Easter so sure to get a few then!

Cheers

8 months 1 week ago #53110 by Ray Walker
Sorry Brendan, only just saw your post ( such is the hectic post here at the moment).
That is the only 4x4 beach in the busso shire. You do catch salmon there , but mainly on the back run.
Cheers Rev.

8 months 1 week ago #53109 by Brendan McDiarmid
Rev, what would be the chance of getting a Salmon from this stretch of beach over the weekend? If no good here, where would be the closest best bet to Busso that is 4WD friendly?

Thanks mate!

9 months 4 days ago #53088 by Keith Beadle
Thanks Rev,
Guess I'll do my beach fishing near Preston.
Cheers, Keith

9 months 4 days ago #53087 by Ray Walker
Yep Keith , thats the only bit of beach you can drive on in the Busselton shire. The ranger patrols up that way pretty regularly.
Cheers Rev.