Easiest way emptying fuel from inboard fuel tank?

2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #53306 by Geoff
Did you get it sorted ?

Sorry ! just saw this post is over a year old ,I gather oliver has a similar prob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 weeks 6 days ago #53305 by Oliver
Thanks for your suggestions on how to empty the fuel tank

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #52947 by Ray Denn
As an alternative to borrowing a fuel tank for a short time then returning it. Would getting the motor fuel fitting the attaching a fuel line to an electric pump to empty out the remaining fuel in the inboard tank work?

1 year 2 months ago #52940 by Ray Denn
Does anyone have a Red Outboard fuel tank I can borrow to see if the problem is stale fuel? I will pay for ULP fuel.

I live in Marangaroo not far from the Kingsway Shops on Hepburn Avenue and Wanneroo Road.

1 year 2 months ago #52936 by Korg
Ray,
What I suggest you before you go to all the trouble of removing the tank as I don't know of any other way than pulling it out is. Get hold of a red fuel tank and fuel line with the same fitting as your motors so at least that will confirm that the fuel is the problem. I hope that helps you out?

Korg

1 year 2 months ago #52934 by Scott Coghlan
Korg is onto it Ray...he will respond as soon as he remembers his password or organises a new one!
Stand by!

1 year 2 months ago #52933 by Ray Denn
Any suggestions on how to empty the fuel tank would be appreciated!

1 year 3 months ago #52931 by Ray Denn
My boat has not been used for about 3 years because of my companion arthritis.

I tried just on chance turning the motor over but got nothing. Consequently I believe the fuel stale and need to be removed. The boat has an inboard fuel tank with a refueling point on the starboard side. There is the standard twin port fuel connector which attaches to my Johnson (Suzuki) 140hp 4 stroke.

THe fuel tank be accessed if absolutely necessary but involves major disassembly of the rear of the boat and that costs money

Is there a connector that attaches to the fuel line that enables a pump to be attached the fuel to be pumped out?

Any other suggestions are welcome.