hydraulic steering

2 months 4 weeks ago #53190 by Geoff
All done ,OMG one finger turning cant wait to get it on the water .
have to get away from the golf course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago #53183 by Geoff
Thanks mate,ordered it today comkit5 commander.$939.Shi$%^&*(
better be good,
HYDRIVE

3 months 1 week ago #53182 by Keith Beadle
Hi Geoff,
I got mine from Whitworths in West Leederville. The kit was complete including the helm unit, ram, lines, oil, all required bolts etc. and special thread lock. My old helm wheel fitted the on the pump, I just had to file the hole in the dash slightly larger. Make sure you mark the right and left hand oil lines as not connect them to the wrong side of the ram. I bought an extra litre of hydraulic oil to make it a bit easier to bleed.
Cheers, Keith

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #53181 by Geoff
Thanks Keith,
Yeh had a friend at boat skills and his small dinghies had them on makes life a lot easier ,not sure what brand but .Hydrive I think are Aust made not sure but looks like around $1000 buck.
Did you shop around ?
Seastar/baystar are well known.

Sent e/mail fo Hydrive yesterday for quote.

Just got e/mail back they rec comkit6 not sure what helm unit to get ?

3 months 1 week ago #53177 by Keith Beadle
Hi Geoff,
Highly recommend fitting hydro steering it's the best move I made, the wife finds so much easier to steer when we go crabbing. There is none of the torque from the outboard when you open the throttle it just turns so easily and smoothly.
Fitting wasn't difficult but it is a great help to have a couple of extra people when bleeding the system. I fitted a Hydrive Commander on our 115hp 4 stroke Yammie.
Cheers, Keith

3 months 1 week ago #53172 by Geoff
Looking for tips & tricks,

Looks like I mite have to bite the bullet and catch up with the 21 century but its only a 5mtr Penguin with 70hp.
Current cable rod gets stuck in the tube on the outboard and I am not getting any younger (stuffed back).
Looking at Seastar/baystar.

Thanks.
Geoff.