North Pool, Wiluna

2 months 6 days ago #53206 by Scott Coghlan
Looks like a reasonable spot to hole up for a few days! Very nice mate!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 6 days ago #53205 by Scott Clark
Unfortunately, don't come on here much nowadays as I now live out in the goldfields at Leinster and the fishing is pretty dismal out this way. But I thought I may as well post up my recent trip up to North Pool, which is on a track 10kms up from Wiluna off the Canning Stock Route.
North Pool would have to be my favourite location out this way. It's a creek that holds water year round and is a popular stop off point for people travelling up or down the CSR. The budgies were out in force this time, and we had a pair of Port Lincoln Ringneck's nesting in the tree directly above us. Had a chat to a prospector who was staying in the area and showed us some of his finds. He wasn't having much luck in the North Pool area though.
Threw the yabby nets in on arrival to camp, but they were a bit quiet and only managed to pick up enough for one feed over the 2 nights we were there. Had a cruise around after setting up the tents, but there isn't a great deal to see without travelling too far. So back to camp to crack a cold one and just sit and enjoy nature.
Highly recommend anyone travelling through the area to stop in here and spend a night or 2. It's an absolutely magical place well worth a visit. This was my second trip here, and I think it'll be a yearly trip for me while I'm out this way

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.